Tuesday, January 5, 2010

How I chose my magickal name

In my previous post I noted that your name really should be something you connect with. It took over a year to find mine. I tried numerology, I tried the name generators, I tried finding something that sounded good. But the truth is, until I did alot of soul searching, nothing ever fit. It felt forced and it didn't ring true.

I was mediating on it one night, and again was left to search more after my session. When I woke the next morning it was there, on the tip of my tongue. I knew it was meant for me. It was only part of my new name, the foundation, and the rest I have built upon to make it more tailored to me, my own and who I am.


In the last part of 2006 my life changed a great deal. I lost alot of friends, I was going through a divorce, I had to move out of my home. All that I had in my life, was completely turned upside down. I didn't know what to do, I felt lost and adrift. One day in 2007, I woke up and decided that all the anger I had was doing me more harm than good and it was time to focus it, and use it to drive me on. On that day I decided that the life I was mourning was no longer my life and it was time to create something new and better. I set a torch to what once was, and I was reborn a newer, better version of myself. Because of this rebirth I have always identified with the mythical Phoenix and its rise from the ashes. (I'm also an astrological fire sign.) I woke the morning after my meditation with the name Ashe. This is an aspect of how I came to be.




Over the course of the last 2 years, I've become very familiar with who I am, my energies, and my abilities. I know that my energies allow me to heal, on a small scale (I'm working to grow this talent). Not only am I able to heal myself, but to heal others who are willing to accept my energy and help. In Greek, -alen is a suffix meaning healer. This is an aspect of what I can do.


I've been told by more than one person that the color of my aura, my spirit, and energy is green with large amounts of blue. The green in my aura is known as a color of healers. The blue speaks of my balance, calm, and strong sense of spirituality. Blue has always been my favorite color. This is an aspect of who I am.

Lastly, I can remember as a child, one of my favorite places to be was under a willow tree in our yard. I remember laying in the grass watching the way the light played through the long sweeping branches and danced across the grass. I remember peeking in through the leaves and giggling expecting to catch a fairy or two. It was the most magickal place in the world in my eyes as a child, and even now as an adult I still see the wind blowing through the boughs and want nothing more to lay in its shade, close my eyes, and drift into bliss. It is also a tree of dreaming, intuition, deep emotions, and femininity. This is an aspect of where I came from.

All of these thing brought me to who I am today, Ashealen BlueWillow. But you can call me Ashe. =)

Good luck in finding your magickal identity. All the time you spend will be worth it in the end. When you find it, you will know. It will sound as natural to your ear as saying your given name, maybe even more so.

Blessed Be!

0 comments: